Thursday, March 31, 2011

January 2010???

I stayed home with Caleb last week.  My poor little love was so sick.  I called in-or rather texted in- I didn't take calls-I didn't run errands-I just stayed with him.  I realized I hadn't done that in so long.  Of course if I was incredibly sick it's a given that I couldn't really think about work (it has happened twice this year)- but when the kids are sick I usually haul them to the office with me or take them to run errands for work.  In the 24 hours that I stayed with Caleb- I learned 2 new things about him.  How sad for me. 
First, Caleb knows and understand a lot more than I give him credit for.  This beautiful boy who still doesn't say mama- came up to me holding the pity loly pop I gave him (the kid had puss coming out of his ear...lol...he NEEDED a lollypop)!  he handed it to me and said...ew-Gross!!!  I was STUNNED!  What?????  Say it again!  I was so happy...when I looked at the lolly pop it was covered in hair...layla's hair to be precise.  I was so excited....he wasn't- a little agitated at the fact that it took me a few minutes to actua1lly take give him another one because I was too busy celebrating his......first words???  How long had he been saying that? 
Second- He started to feel really terrible which I can tell by his never ending need for me to hold him.  (He loves to run free- eat with a fork, play bball with his brother...he rarely NEEDS me to hold him).  Anyway, I put on Curious George so we could have a nice comfy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment