Thursday, August 6, 2009

Flesh Eating Bacteria- To Swim Or Not To Swim...

I decided to tackle the garage today- ugh, big mistake! There is just way too much to clean and way too little time. I don't remember the last time I went through all of the junk that begins to pile up when you take it out of the house....I don't think that I ever have. Which is why I have so much to do.
Anyhow- Mike is taking Isaiah to Houston this saturday to see an Astros game, he is so excited. I am driving up to Galveston to meet them on Sunday, which I was looking very forward to....that is until my mom called to inform me that there is a flesh eating bacteria called Vibrio. (Gasp-I know, SCARY)! It's the same bacteria that sometimes causes people to get sick after eating raw oysters (barf), but for some reason our stomach can handle the intrusion. It's when the bacteria gets into the bloodstream via co-co that can cause either amputation or even death if not taken care of immediately. Super Duper Scary!!!!! I can't believe there isn't more of an awareness concerning something so...coicoi! I am not so sure I want to be one in the Gulf with the bacteria-especially with kids. Maybe a day at Sea world would be just as nice.... :) Keep you upadated....

1 comment:

  1. Eww sounds gross! Surely it is fine to swim right? Is there a health warning for the gulf coast? I would check that to see. Hey there is always sand castles =)

    ReplyDelete